Thank you for your interest of the Housing Choice Voucher Program. We welcome all owners of property located in Forsyth County to participate in our program. The Housing Choice Voucher Program will assist the tenant with his/her monthly rental payments. It is the Owner's responsibility for all management which includes resident selection, screening, and maintenance of the unit.
If you would like an owner's packet mailed to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and give us the following information: Name, Full Address, and Telephone Number.
To list your property on the Housing Choice Voucher available unit listings please call (336) 727-8500 and press 0 during regular business hours of 8:30AM to 5:00PM, Monday through Friday. Inform the operator that you would like to list your property on the Housing Choice Voucher available unit listing. The operator will ask you for the address of the property, bedroom size, contact name, and contact telephone number. The Housing Choice Voucher listing is updated weekly. Your property will stay on the Housing Choice Voucher listing for one month. If you would like to continue listing your property you must call The Housing Authority of the City of Winston-Salem at the beginning of each month.
Landlord Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Screen families who apply to determine if they will be good renters. The Housing Authority of the City of Winston-Salem can provide you with the current and previous address of the resident and the current and previous landlord.
· Comply with fair housing laws, and not discriminate against any family.
· Maintain the housing unit by making necessary repairs in a timely manner.
· Comply with the terms of the Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contract with the Housing Authority.
· Collect the rent due by the resident and otherwise enforce the lease.